Primary Evaluation Criteria
This call for proposals is open to (i) nongovernmental organizations; (ii) municipalities and communes; (iii) universities and educational institutions and (iv) private organizations.
The main criteria for evaluating concept ideas are as follows:
- Emergencies that have identified potential for intervention.
- Providing support in an areas affected by the earthquake where there is still significant need for intervention
- Importance and added value of the proposed intervention.
- The novelty of the proposed idea.
- Preference will be given to the priority themes of the GAF — Housing, Education, Health Care, Youth — but all proposals are welcome.
- Demonstration of implementation capacity based on past experience.
- Opportunity for operating costs as low or zero as possible from the applicant organization (our main goal is to get our funds to those in need).
- Number of beneficiaries from the project.
Please note that all grants will be between $10,000-$30,000, and total around $140,000, with no more than ten grants to be awarded. There will be two rounds to project evaluation.
August 26-September 13 — Applications Open for Round 1
September 14-September 20 — Round 1 Evaluation
September 21-September 27 — The selected organizations from Round 1 will be asked for more information and to discuss and elaborate their proposals, and to provide any additional documents that the GAF might request
September 28-October 4 — Round 2 Evaluation
October 5-October 11 – Final grant winners selected and announced
October 12-16 – Contracts with selected organizations to be finalized
Questions should be sent to Lirim Krasniqi of Germin at [email protected] as Germin is managing this effort for the GAF. Thank you very much.